Quotes / EstimatesQuotes are for services to be rendered by White Metal Games (WMG). Quotes include costs associated with, but not limited to, materials, labor, shipping and handling charges. Quote are valid for 30 (THIRTY) days from the date of the quote.
Hand Made means One of a KindThe nature of painting and converting miniatures is that every model is a stand alone piece, unique in some way. Although we attempt to create models that can be replicated easily, so that anyone who wishes to purchase a similar model can do so, this is not always possible. Some bits are out of production, or unusually expensive or hard to obtain. While this means that your order will be personalized and one of a kind, it also means that not every model can be duplicated. If you send us a picture of a model we’ve never seen before and ask us to reverse engineer it and build you a cheaper alternative, you must understand that our model will be different than the picture you’re provided us with. To keep the project within the scope of your budget, we may be forced to use alternative materials. In the same vein, if you send us a picture of a movie monster and tell us to build you something as close as we can get it, we will do just that, but we can’t replicate a model 100%. If you want that, then just buy the model. You’ll be happier in the long run. In addition, due to legal reasons, we are restricted from accepting commissions based on other company’s intellectual property. See our Legal page for more details. Primarily we are transfiguration artists, not sculptors. The difference being that we modify existing models to create something new, whereas a sculptor creates something entirely new from a sculpting medium such as clay or epoxy. Sculpting an original model is outside of the scope of most client’s budgets. That being said, we do employ amateur sculptors so if you have a very specific need and the budget to allow for it, let us know. We will not intentionally replicate a trademark property but we can recreate something similar to the original (e.g, I can’t build you a Zerg, or a perfect copy of the Doom of Malan’tai, but I can build you a reasonable approximate of either). We often think of our work as ‘alternative’ or a ‘re-imagining’ of a concept. Another way to think of it is ‘counts-as’ or a proxy. In that regard, we encourage you not to fall so in love with a concept you present to us that when we deliver it to you and it’s ‘different’ than the original, you’re disappointed. We aim to please every client, every time, but we are limited by YOUR budget, our ability, and copyright laws. Please take all of this into consideration when approaching us about a project. If, in the unlikely event you are completely dissatisfied with your project, we will work to find a new buyer ASAP so that we may reimburse you for your losses as well as our own. See ‘All Sales Are Final’ below for more information.
All Sales Are FinalBecause of the specialized nature of the work we do (i.e., projects are at client request and subject their aesthetic tastes and choices) all sales are final. As you can imagine, the more elaborate the model commissioned, the harder the model is to resell. Each client has different tastes and preferences, and rarely will two clients be willing to pay the same price for the same custom model. Aesthetic taste is not, however, a means by which to measure the quality of our work. That being said, if you have an issue with any of your items, please contact us. We will work with you to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. In the unlikely event that we aren’t able to come to an amicable agreement for all parties, we will sell your items through any means available to attempt to recoup all losses (see ‘Canceled Orders’ below for more information).
Purchasing or Commissioning a ModelFor models we sell through our online store, full payment is required up front. For customized orders (commissions), these are our guidelines:
- Deposit: A deposit of 25% of the quoted price OR the cost of materials (whichever is greated) is required up front for materials to be ordered for the project. This deposit is considered NON-REFUNDABLE (see ‘Canceled Orders’ below). This officially adds your project to our painting que.
The deposit can be sent by PayPal to: email@example.com Money Orders/Checks (personal and certified) can be sent to: White Metal Games 1713 Tilbrook Ct. Raleigh, NC 27604 In the comments section of the Money Order or PayPal field, enter your NAME/PROJECT. If we have provided you with an estimate, please include this information also, using the following format: Est. ####. For example: John Smith/Grey Knight Terminators/Est. 1234 Note: PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH in the mail. WMG only takes personal checks under special circumstances, and in the event of a bounced check a service fee will be added to your final invoice. WMG will be able to take credit card payments at a future date.
- Timeframe: WMG will take every effort to complete the project in a reasonable time period, allowing sufficient time for the purchasing and receiving of materials to complete the project. Generally, it takes 1-2 weeks to receive all materials, 1-2 weeks to complete the project (depending on the complexity and number of pieces involved), and another 1-2 weeks to ship the item and have it received by the client (depending on the part of the world the client lives in). Major holidays will delay some projects, both due to shipping speed and our offices being closed or understaffed during these periods.
- Project Completion: Once the project is completed, WMG will email pictures of the finished project to the client for their final approval. Alternately, WMG may provide to a link to pictures on the web, either in a photo gallery (public or private), blog, website, YouTube channel, or the like. If the client has concerns or questions, WMG will make a reasonable effort to satisfy the client and meet their requests, including making minor and reasonable changes to the project.
Canceled OrdersIn regards to Canceled Orders / Abandoned projects / No response from buyer: The client has 30 (thirty) days from the time of project completion to complete payment for the project. If no contact is made by the client within 30 days of project completion or no payment is received, the project is considered ABANDONED and becomes the property of WMG. If a reasonable effort to satisfy the client is unsuccessful, WMG may, at their sole discretion, choose to cancel a project at any time. If, after a project is initiated, a client changes their mind about a project or wishes to cancel the project, WMG may at their sole discretion choose to retain the project materials in their finished or unfinished form by reimbursing the client’s deposit in full. Alternately, WMG may attempt to recoup their loses by selling the project (in its completed or unfinished state) by any means necessary, including but not limited to, online auctions, our web store, or similar means such as eBay, Etsy, or Amazon. WMG has until the allotted project completion time to continue work on the project if they so choose. Thereafter, they may take up to 30 days to attempt to sell the project. The sale of the project and the dispersal of payment will be conducted as follows, using any payments received towards compensating all parties involved with the project (generally the client and WMG), in the following order:
- Fees and charges associated with the sale of items (including, but not limited to, those associated auction fees such as percentages of sales garnered, listing fees, advertising, and the like)
- Shipping and handling charges, including the cost of materials and labor used for shipping
- Labor (any cost associated with a quote that is not considered shipping and handling, fees and charges, or materials; is considered labor and includes. but is not limited to. transfiguration work, painting, customization, basing, texturing, conceptualization, research, and the like)
- Deposit paid against materials and shipping paid by the client initially upon agreement to the quotation of charges (this is generally the point at which the client is reimbursed for their deposit).